ADVERTISE

ADVERTISE

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

BOKO HARAM: BUHARI SAYS PDP DISGRACED NIGERIA!


Buhari On Boko Haram, Says PDP Humiliated Nigeria
President -Elect General Muhammadu  Buhari (rtd.) at the weekend spoke to newsmen in his home town, Daura, Katsina State after casting his vote on a number of issues. Excerpts…
There have been reports that you promised to end Boko Haram within two months, but your media team reacted saying you never said so. We want you to use this opportunity to clarify that.
I think I am too experienced in internal security to give two months deadline on Boko Haram. I don’t think I would have made that mistake because I tried to look at some of my experiences even when I was in uniform with the rebels from Chad when I was GOC in Jos and with Maitesine. So, for me to say that when I come into office, I will get rid of Boko Haram in two months, I don’t think I would have made that mistake. I didn’t.
As I mentioned on several occasions, we that have at one time or the other worn Nigeria military uniform felt terribly embarrassed that for six years, the Nigeria military couldn’t bring order to 14 local governments out of 774 local governments in the country after Burma, Zaire, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Dafur where Nigerian military earned respect internationally for their performances.
To fail to secure 14 out of 774 local governments, I still can’t reconcile myself with that disgrace. We will try and work with our neighbours which is the first thing we should have done such as Chad, Cameroon and Niger who are fighting Boko Haram for us. Look at Chad helping Nigeria or Niger, or Cameroon itself. This nation has been humiliated by PDP. Nigeria has been humiliated by PDP. God willing, with our experiences, we will quickly marshal support and we are asking Boko Haram to pack and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment