ADVERTISE

ADVERTISE

Saturday, April 4, 2015

JEGA PLANS TO QUIT AS INEC CHAIRMAN!


I’ll Quit INEC Job June, Says Jega

I’ll Quit INEC Job June, Says Jega

The chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Attahiru Jega, has said he will not accept a tenure renewal even if he is offered.
The tenure of Mr. Jega, appointed by President Goodluck Jonathan in 2010 to replace the then chief of Nigeria’s electoral management body, Maurice Iwu, will expire in June this year.
Speaking in an interview with the Hausa Service of the British Broadcasting Corporation, Mr. Jega, a professor of political science, acknowledged that the task of leading INEC was a difficult one adding that he was not interested in tenure renewal and would not accept an offer of extension.
“I am grateful to God. I was asked to come and contribute my own quota to the national development and I have done my bit to the best of my ability,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment